By Joey Ferguson
BoomStartup is an early-stage business accelerator that provides startups with mentoring, office space and $20,000 cash.
The accelerator program is divided into two campuses. The North campus is at the Salt Lake Community College Miller Innovation Center in Salt Lake City, while the South campus is based in Provo’s Camp 4 facility.
BoomStartup’s Camp 4 facility in Provo is like “a little San Francisco,” said Tyler Richards, one of the program managers at the tech accelerator.
Companies in the North Campus include:
- Asthma Tracker — A web tool for asthma patients to monitor their attacks.
- CitizenDish — Cloud-based content creation tool.
- Indicators of School Quality — They identify performance indicators for teachers and school administrators.
- Tute Genomics — Analytical engine for human genomes.
- Map It Track It — Door-to-Door tracking software.
Companies in the South Campus include:
- Crowdfunding Weekend — A seminar on getting products funding through platforms like Kickstarter and IndieGoGo.
- MerchRaptor — A selling platform for band merchandise.
- Overlay Studio — A simple, mobile design software.
- Screenie — Job applicant screening platform.
- The Dress Spot — Online women’s clothing site
Subscribe to Silicon Slopes
Get the latest posts delivered right to your inbox