In this episode of Meat and Potatoes, host Garrett Clark sits down with Shawn Goff, Salt Lake City Office Managing Partner at EY, and Derrick Porter, CEO of Beauty Industry Group, to discuss EY's upcoming Entrepreneur of the Year award. They discuss the criteria for entrepreneurs to apply and the application process.
According to Goff, there are three main requirements that EY is looking for to be considered for the award. A potential entrepreneur applicant needs to meet the following criteria:
- CEO, equivalent role, or responsible for the day-to-day operations of the organization.
- Person has been in the role for more than two years.
- Business has been around for more than two years.
Winners are selected by an independent panel of judges, which are selected by peers or former winners of the program. To be considered for an award, applicants need to provide financial information, essays that tell the entrepreneur's story, and the entrepreneur needs to be willing to be interviewed by the EY team.
Judges are looking for the following items:
- Struggles and what the entrepreneur did to overcome them.
- How well the entrepreneur interacts with the community.
- How they built their team.
- How they changed the industry.
This year’s deadline for applications is less than one month away (Friday, March 3). If you are interested in more details, please reach out to
a member of our team at email@example.com or nominate
someone today eoy.ey.com.
For more information about the application process, please watch the full interview here.